- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers, (see Ingredient note), divided
- 14 ounces water-packed extra-firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices crusty whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 4 pieces green-leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Combine mustard, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce in a small bowl. Slice tofu crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Pat dry with a paper towel and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using a spoon, spread half the mustard mixture on one side of the tofu. Turn the slices over and spread the remaining mixture on the other side.
Bake the tofu for 20 minutes.
Combine mayonnaise with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on toasted bread. Divide the tofu, lettuce and tomato among 4 slices of toast and top with the remaining toast to make 4 sandwiches. Cut in half to serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 363
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Potassium: 203mg
- Sodium: 685mg
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3