- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Slice the block crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slabs. Coarsely crumble each slice into smaller, uneven pieces.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tofu and cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Then gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
Add tomatoes and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in pesto and feta.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 136
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 12g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Potassium: 415mg
- Sodium: 128mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat (mono)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2