- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk, (see Ingredient notes)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste, or to taste (see Ingredient notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach, (6 ounces)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
To prepare sauce: Whisk coconut milk, cilantro, curry paste, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl.
To prepare tofu: Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Slice the block crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slabs. Coarsely crumble each slice into smaller, uneven pieces.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tofu and cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Then gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
Add spinach, bell pepper and the curry sauce and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 179
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 241mg
- Sodium: 409mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat (saturated)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1