Nourish Your Clients With The Right Advice
Although 90% of Americans say diet and nutrition are important, nearly half of them don’t know or understand how to achieve a balanced diet, according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Becoming a Fitness Nutrition Specialist will give you the expertise to provide scientifically supported, practical and relevant nutrition advice to your clients while staying within your scope of practice. Be the source of nutrition information they need to navigate a landscape of quick-fix solutions, poor food choices, and a multi-billion dollar diet industry.
Who is it designed for?
Becoming a Fitness Nutrition Specialist will help personal trainers, group fitness instructors, health coaches, and health care professionals expand their knowledge of nutrition and learn to translate that information into actionable lifestyle change for clients and patients. Give advice on selecting and preparing food, reading nutrition labels, and choosing meals that facilitate weight loss, improve athletic performance and meet special dietary needs.
How do I earn one?
To earn a Fitness Nutrition Specialty Certification, you must review all of the components listed below and take the quizzes associated with the material. Although you may complete courses for any Specialty Certification, ACE will not recognize you as a Specialist unless you also hold a current NCCA-accredited certification or an equivalent professional credential. For a list of accepted pre-requisite credentials, click here.
After you complete all courses and quizzes, an ACE Specialty Certification and continuing education credits (CECs) will be uploaded into your My ACE account. Specialty Certifications do not expire, and the purchase price includes all materials and fees necessary to become a Specialist.
Have other questions about ACE Specialty Certifications? Check out our list of FAQs.
An ACE Fitness Nutrition Specialty Certification is approved for 2.5 ACE CECs. The program is also approved by the following organizations for continuing education hours:
25.0 CEUs in General Category
25.0 Contact Hours
25.0 Contact Hours
Our ACE Fitness Nutrition Course is comprised of four components — our ACE Fitness Nutrition Manual; a Web-based presentation series by registered dietitian Natalie Digate Muth, MD; a three-part video series that helps candidates put nutrition into action; and our ACE Fitness Nutrition Quiz. The core components include a wealth of knowledge and skills designed to help professionals maximize their knowledge of nutrition while staying within their bounds of practice.
Learn More »
ACE Fitness Nutrition Manual
The ACE Fitness Nutrition Manual is an essential text for health and fitness professionals looking to expand the breadth of services they offer clients. It includes a wealth of knowledge and skills to help them maximize their expertise in nutrition while staying within the bounds of scope of practice. Registered dietician Natalie Digate Muth, MD, offers insight on teaching clients to read and compare nutrition labels, instructions for effectively obtaining diet history and using it to facilitate goal setting, and preparing simple and healthy meals.
ACE Fitness Nutrition Lecture Series
A companion to the ACE Fitness Nutrition Manual, our lecture series brings content from our core text to life with help from registered dietitian Natalie Digate Muth, MD. Web-based presentations cover scope of practice for Fitness Nutrition Specialists, healthy food choices, communication and education tools, nutrition program development, and how to market your specialty to potential clients.
ACE Presents Fitness Nutrition
Our three-part video series led by registered dietitian Natalie Digate Muth, MD, and Mary Saph Tanaka, MD, will help you put your knowledge of nutrition into action. Receive how-to pointers on teaching clients to read nutrition labels and healthy snacks choices; learn motivational interviewing techniques; and discover how to lead cooking demonstrations for clients using MyPlate recommendations, special considerations for gluten-free and vegan adults, weight loss goals, prep time and more.
ACE Fitness Nutrition Quiz
The ACE Fitness Nutrition Quiz will gauge your knowledge on material you reviewed in the ACE Fitness Nutrition Manual, our ACE Presents Fitness Nutrition video series, and the ACE Fitness Nutrition lecture series. The 60-question, multiple-choice quiz is delivered in a convenient, online format you can complete from your home or office.
The Sports Nutrition for Health Professionals Course consists of a manual aimed at helping health and fitness professionals develop the knowledge needed to integrate the science of nutrition into their practices and explore the role of sports nutrition with clients, as well as a multiple-choice quiz that helps gauge their knowledge of the material. Created by ACE and respected healthcare publisher F.A. Davis, the manual incorporates essential information on how to educate clients about the relationship between nutrition and exercise.
Learn More »
SPORTS NUTRITION FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS MANUAL
The Sports Nutrition for Health Professionals Manual will help health and fitness professionals develop the knowledge needed to integrate the science of nutrition into their practices and explore the role of sports nutrition with clients. The text incorporates essential information on how to educate clients about the relationship between nutrition and exercise and explores these concepts through four in-depth case studies.
SPORTS NUTRITION FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS MANUAL QUIZ
Based on the Sports Nutrition for Health Professionals Manual, the quiz is delivered in the same convenient online format as our ACE Fitness Nutrition Quiz. Gauge your knowledge of nutrition principles, new research, special diets and assessments to evaluate and optimize nutritional status.
Terms & Conditions
- ACE Certified Professionals will receive free renewal on their next renewal cycle if they purchase study materials for one of the following Specialty Certifications between Nov. 15, 2015, and Nov. 30, 2015:
- Behavior Change
- Fitness Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Orthopedic Exercise
- Sports Conditioning
Specialty Certifications purchased prior to Nov. 15, 2015 are excluded from this promotion.
- Free renewal is only applicable to one ACE Certification and must be used within 24 months of purchase date of Specialty Certification materials.
- Professionals who hold more than one ACE Certification may choose which certification the free renewal promotion may be applied.
- Only one free renewal promotion is available per ACE Certified Professional.
- Free renewal is only applicable for on-time renewal. May not be applied to late renewals that incur additional fees.
- In order to take advantage of the free renewal promotion, ACE Certified Professionals must meet all renewal requirements and still move through the purchase process required for renewal. Once they add renewal to their virtual cart at ACEfitness.org, the item will be recognized as free. This transaction must be separate from the original Specialty Certification materials purchase.
- Free renewal promotion is non-transferable and holds no cash value.
- Free renewal promotion overrides all other discount programs and may not be used in conjunction with other discounts.
- ACE Certified Professionals who utilize the payment plan option for Specialty Certifications may take advantage of the free renewal promotion once all payments have been made.
- Specialty Certifications that have been purchased and refunded during the promotion are not eligible for free renewal.
- Refunds on Specialty Certification materials will not be granted to those who redeem the free renewal.
- All standard ACE Continuing Education guidelines apply to CECs earned upon completion of the Specialty Certification.