Successful sports conditioning demands more than just good program design, it requires athletes to pay close attention to their nutrition and hydration habits. This enlightening course takes an in-depth look at the elements that make up the training prescription (e.g., anaerobic energy system training, timing, layout, prerequisites) as well as reliable pre-exercise, during and post-exercise nutrition and hydration strategies that will help your client to discover the champion within. • The three critical components of sports conditioning • Effective training strategies • The right way to lay out your sessions • Nutrition and hydration techniques
- Explain how to train the energy pathways effectively.
- Identify when training quality is compromised in favor of training quantity and the associated risks.
- Utilize a programming template that sequentially targets the skill-related parameters of sports conditioning.
- Design and implement appropriate drills specific to the phase of a workout commensurate with needs, training goals and skill- and conditioning-level.
- Describe key nutritional strategies to follow before, during and following exercise for both endurance and resistance-trained athletes.
- Discuss key hydration strategies to use before, during and following exercise to improve performance.