The stability–mobility relationship within the kinetic chain is a critical component to effective programming. Successful professionals understand specific joint needs and identify movement compensations associated with inadequate joint stability and mobility. This video examines this relationship, offering key strategies to make a difference in restoring posture, promoting movement efficiency and enhancing performance.
Among the Topics Covered:
• The stability-mobility relationship throughout the kinetic chain
• Exercises to restore joint mobility
• Training the lumbar spine for stability
• Coaching strategies to promote posture and movement efficiency
- Define the stability-mobility relationship throughout the kinetic chain.
- Describe normal movement compensations within, and across joints associated with inadequate joint stability-mobility.
- Explain the neurophysiologic changes associated with poor posture.
- Implement a systematic approach to restoring joint stability-mobility.
- Identify progression to training the lumbar spine for stability.
- Demonstrate effective coaching strategies to promote posture and movement efficiency.