Do you work with recreational athletes over the age of 40 who are looking for ways to improve their performance, or clients who have athletic backgrounds and are continually looking for new challenges? Learn how to apply Phase 4 of the ACE Integrated Fitness Training® Model to help your more advanced and recreationally competitive clients improve performance and gain an edge on their competition. Learn specific principles, strategies and techniques for developing exercise programs to enhance the skills of power, speed, agility and quickness, necessary for athletic success at all ages and critical for clients still competing over the age of 40.
- Describe biological and chronological effects of the aging process.
- Identify how human physiology adapts to training stress during the aging process.
- List benefits of performance training for the athletes over 40 years of age.
- Describe the four phases of Functional Movement and Resistance Training and Cardiovascular Training of the ACE Integrated Fitness Training™ (IFT™) Model.
- Design an effective exercise program to help the over-forty client reach his or her sport-specific goals.