The 55+ age group represents the fastest-growing segment within the fitness industry. They are characterized by a need to maintain functional autonomy and overall quality of life. The ACE IFT® Model delivers a systematic approach, including age-appropriate assessments and programming that encompass physical, emotional, cognitive, social and behavioral parameters. Phase 1 addresses stability and mobility, the cornerstones to developing balance. Phase 2 restores functional independence through multiplanar movement training. These foundational phases will prepare your clients physiologically, cognitively and emotionally to face additional challenges as they progress to traditional training.
- Identify key physiological changes in structure and function attributed with aging.
- Recommend appropriate physiological assessments for the healthy older adult population.
- Categorize older individuals according to their functional capabilities.
- Describe the National Fall Prevention Strategy Objectives.
- Explain the key programming domains for developing muscular strength, endurance and power in healthy older adults.
- Design and implement age-appropriate programs consistent with ACE’s IFT model.