By: Rodney Corn, MA and Michol Dalcourt
Join in as we discuss functional anatomy and biomechanics in a hands-on learning format. You will learn how gravity, ground reaction force, mass and momentum play a vital role in the rhythm and timing of movement in three-dimensional space. Through practical application and a fun workout using new exercise tools, we will teach the application of using integrated training techniques to disperse loads over the whole kinetic chain to make exercises energy efficient and less susceptible to tissue breakdown. You won't want to miss this highly-interactive course.
- 1. Describe functional biomechanics.
- 2. Describe functional anatomy.
- 3. Explain how functional biomechanics and functional anatomy influence movement.
- 4. List and discuss the forces acting on the body.
- 5. Describe rhythm and timing of movement.
- 6. List and perform 3-dimensional exercises.