By: Rael Isacowitz, MA
Core strength has become the focus of many exercise programs today. It can and should be developed at every level of the Pilates repertoire and remain a fundamental element of every Pilates movement. Utilizing the vast repertoire from classic Pilates and the BASI™ repertoire, this workshop will heighten understanding of the core, the anatomy of the pelvis and spine, and the muscles responsible for core strength.
- Apply the use of both classic and BASI Pilates™ repertoire to achieve goals.
- Discuss the differences between core and functional strength.
- Identify the muscles that act on the core.
- Explore the benefits of stabilization through movement.
- Determine the correct sequence of muscle recruitment patterns for specific Pilates exercises.
- Define the value of core strength.