By: Scott Josephson, MS, RD
Sport and energy nutrition is the core component to any well-rounded fitness program! Learn the strategies and preparation required to give you an advantage in your training and conditioning regimen! Don't let your plan (or lack thereof) negatively impact your performance.
- Design a resistance-training eating program for body conditioning and anaerobic intake.
- Identify various nutrition strategies based upon calorie intake and exercise expenditure.
- Describe the physiological differences for women regarding hormonal fluctuations, storing body fat and the role of growth hormone secretion via exercise.
- List specific serving sizes of carbohydrates, protein and fat and describe their roles before, during and after exercise.
- Identify the best nutritional options to ensure a proper antioxidant, vitamin and mineral intake for optimal metabolism.
- Summarize the role of glycogen and how cortisol can create catabolism leading to hypoglycemic issues and beta oxidation that ultimately decreases performance.