By: Fred Hoffman, MEd
Cardio and core training in the same class? Your students will love it! This total-body workout incorporates aerobic conditioning with balance training, core conditioning and trunk stabilization exercises. Learn a minimum of eight functional core exercises using a variety of equipment, all the while creating a fun and effective cardio workout. Circuit training just got better!
- Design a stationary or multi-station cardio-strength core circuit using a variety of studio equipment.
- Explain the physiological aspects and biomechanics of aerobic conditioning and core training.
- Identify a variety of functional core exercises that can be used in a circuit training class.
- Identify a variety of cardiovascular exercise activities that can be used in a circuit training class.
- Describe how to effectively and safely increase or decrease the intensity of a cardio-strength circuit workout.
- Describe appropriate instructional cuing to effectively and safely teach a circuit training class.