By: Albert Isordia
The core consists of the deep abdominal muscles and the muscles closest to the spine. Boxers understand that to develop devastating strikes, they must use kinetic energy power launched from the ground and channel it up through the body. By integrating selected Pilates techniques, boxers will be able to access the delivery systems that create power. Participants will learn and practice several techniques they can use with their clients and students to improve balance, coordination, rhythm, timing and power.
- Develop or improve balance through boxing.
- Increase coordination, rhythm and timing through boxing.
- Improve flexibility through boxing.
- Increase power delivery from the core muscles through boxing.
- Correct postural misalignment through boxing.
- Increase cardiovascular endurance and breathing efficiency through boxing.