By: Suzette O'Byrne
Do you have the weight of the world on your shoulders? Explore and experience methods for releasing the tension and tightness that we build up in our shoulder girdle. Learn the anatomy of the shoulder girdle and its connections to the rest of our body, allowing us to feel freedom and lightness in our posture. Discover the openness and stability we can bring to our heart and throat chakras.
- Identify the reasons students acquire tension and tightness in the shoulder girdle.
- Review the anatomy of the shoulder girdle and apply that knowledge to proper mechanics, optimal posture, and core support.
- Identify connections to and compensations from other areas in the body that impact the shoulder girdle.
- List yoga therapy methods for releasing tension and tightness in the shoulder girdle.
- State yoga therapy methods for stabilizing the shoulder girdle.
- Discuss how changes in posture and alignment can affect the heart and throat chakras.