By: Natalie Digate Muth, MD, MPH, RD
As a fitness professional, you know that raising active, healthier eaters is a top priority. This course shows attendees how to guide parents in their efforts to shape the child psyche so kids embrace fruits, vegetables and a myriad of other healthful foods without constant mealtime battles, bribes and downright coercion. The strategies are based on scientifically-proven strategies, expert advice and real-life examples.
- List parents' biggest concerns about their kids' eating habits.
- Describe the current state of children's nutrition habits.
- Explain how children develop food preferences.
- Describe several common strategies parents use to encourage healthy eating and how they might backfire.
- Identify various methods parents can use to encourage healthy eating.
- List several ways fitness professionals can support parents in their efforts to encourage healthy eating.