Chock full of information, this course will bring to light the current research on back injury. We'll discuss the physical and psychological risk factors, the cause and prevention of back injury, and what can be done to strengthen the back and supporting musculature as well as improve performance. Learn 30 exercises for the back and core, complete with modifications for specific populations and those with physical limitations. You won't want to miss this course!
By Mike Bracko
- Discuss neutral spine loading and why it is important in the prevention of back injuries and for performance improvement
- Explain why strengthening the muscles that support the spine will make it more stable, and theoretically less susceptible to injury
- Define core stability
- Demonstrate the four primary exercises that are recommended to improve trunk/torso/core muscle endurance as described by Stuart McGill
- Describe and demonstrate the exercises used for pelvic stabilization in both a standing (horizontal) position and seated position
- Design an exercise program using the multiple variations and modifications of positions and equipment that can be used to strengthen the core muscles for all clients