Many clients train like athletes and want to know the upper limits that are acceptable during pregnancy. Discover the guidelines and research about pregnant exercisers and get examples from pregnant athletes worldwide. Learn about the effects of exercise on the fetus and the mother and find out how to progress a cardio, strength and core workout for any level during each trimester.
- Identify past prenatal guidelines as myths
- Differentiate between the former guidelines and what the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommends today
- Define the cardiovascular changes throughout pregnancy and how athletic performance is affected
- Explain how fitness enhances a healthy pregnancy and the baby's development
- Discuss the length of time a pregnant athlete should continue to train
- Identify the rights a collegiate athlete has with regard to privacy and/or eligibility