- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small hot pepper, such as jalapeño or serrano, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 14-ounce c hearts of palm, drained, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 small hot chile, such as jalapeño or serrano, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
Preheat grill to high (see Broiling Variation).
To prepare steak: Combine garlic, hot pepper, oil and salt in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on both sides of steak.
To prepare salsa: Combine hearts of palm, tomatoes, onion, hot pepper, cilantro, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl.
Reduce grill heat to medium and grill the steak 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steak across the grain into thin pieces. Serve with the salsa.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Potassium: 627mg
- Sodium: 341mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2