- 12 cups arugula, tough stems removed (about 8 ounces)
- 8 green olives, pitted and quartered
- 8 large dates, pitted and quartered
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and sliced into chunks
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/3 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces aged or fresh goat cheese, crumbled (see Note)
Place arugula, olives, dates and orange chunks in a large salad bowl.
Lay each chicken breast between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Gently pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet or a heavy saucepan until 1/4 inch thick. Place breadcrumbs on a large plate and dredge the chicken in them.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken breasts and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter, cover and keep warm. Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken. Transfer to the platter and cover.
Add orange juice concentrate, water and vinegar to the pan. Stir in mustard and let the dressing boil for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Add half the warm dressing to the salad; gently toss to mix.
To serve, cut chicken into thin slices. Top salad with chicken, goat cheese and the remaining dressing.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 427
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Potassium: 792mg
- Sodium: 657mg
- Exchanges: 1.5 fruit, 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat, 3.5 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2