- 2 bunches asparagus, (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Trim tough ends from asparagus; place on a baking sheet. Drizzle the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the asparagus begins to soften and brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
Meanwhile, place shallot, parsley and capers on a cutting board and chop together to make a coarse mixture. Transfer to a small bowl and combine with vinegar, the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve the asparagus topped with the dressing.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 112
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 526mg
- Sodium: 346mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2