- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 pound salmon fillet, preferably wild Pacific, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted cashews, (see Tip)
Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
Combine yogurt, scallion greens, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add apricots, ginger, scallion whites and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, rub salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. If grilling, oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill or broil the salmon until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with the couscous, topped with the yogurt sauce and cashews.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 571
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fat: 21g
- Protein: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Potassium: 776mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fruit, 3 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2