- 1/2 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped rinsed capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/4 pounds center-cut salmon fillet, skinned and cut lengthwise into 4 strips
- 4 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix breadcrumbs, oil, mustard, shallot, lemon juice, capers and thyme in a small bowl until combined.
Working with one at a time, spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise on a salmon strip. Spread about 3 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture over the mayonnaise. Starting at one end, roll the salmon up tightly, tucking in any loose filling as you go. Insert a toothpick though the end to keep the pinwheel from unrolling. Place in the prepared dish. Repeat with the remaining salmon strips.
Bake the pinwheels until just cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 342
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Potassium: 528mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2