- 3 large seedless grapefruit
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets, (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Remove the skin and white pith from grapefruit with a sharp knife and discard. Cut the grapefruit segments from the surrounding membrane, letting them drop into a bowl. Add avocados, onions, cilantro, mint, vinegar and honey. Toss well to combine and set aside.
Stir together chili powder, cloves, allspice, cinnamon and salt in a shallow dish. Dredge turkey cutlets in the spice mixture, shaking off the excess.
Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook, shaking the pan, until they begin to brown on the outside, about 1 minute. Turn the cutlets over and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the turkey is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes.
Arrange the turkey cutlets on a platter or individual plates and spoon the avocado-grapefruit relish on top.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Potassium: 510mg
- Sodium: 253mg
- Exchanges: 1 fruit, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1