- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels, (about 3 ears; see Tip)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 20 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Tip), thawed if frozen
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 475°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
Combine broccoli, corn, mozzarella, ricotta, scallions, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch circle. Place a generous 3/4 cup filling on one half of each circle, leaving a 1-inch border of dough. Brush the border with water and fold the top half over the filling. Fold the edges over and crimp with a fork to seal. Make several small slits in the top to vent steam; brush each calzone with oil. Transfer the calzones to the prepared baking sheets.
Bake the calzones, switching the pans halfway through, until browned on top, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Healthy Heart Variation:
To reduce saturated fat even further, use nonfat ricotta in place of the reduced-fat ricotta.
334 calories, 2 g saturated fat.
- Serving: Per calzone
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Potassium: 250mg
- Sodium: 509mg
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat protein
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3