- 3 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 15-ounce c black-eyed peas, or chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 10-ounce p frozen baby lima beans, or shelled edamame
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Put a large saucepan of water on to boil. Fill a large bowl half full with ice water and place next to the stove.
Meanwhile, whisk cider vinegar, rice vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Add onion and black-eyed peas (or chickpeas); toss to coat.
Cook lima beans (or edamame) in the boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh in the ice water. Pat dry and add to the bowl.
Cook green beans in the boiling water until just tender, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain and refresh in the ice water. Pat dry and add to the salad along with parsley; toss well.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 109
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 381mg
- Sodium: 322mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2