- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced zucchini, (1 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh mint
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, (2 ounces)
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender, but not mushy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, mint, basil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and a grinding of pepper; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until the moisture has evaporated, 30 to 60 seconds.
Whisk eggs, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and a grinding of pepper in a large bowl until blended. Add the zucchini mixture and cheese; stir to combine.
Preheat the broiler.
Wipe out the pan and brush it with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil; place over medium-low heat. Add the frittata mixture and cook, without stirring, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 4 minutes. As it cooks, lift the edges and tilt the pan so uncooked egg will flow to the edges.
Place the pan under the broiler and broil until the frittata is set and the top is golden, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Loosen the edges and slide onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 376
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 28g
- Protein: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 445mg
- Potassium: 565mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 medium-fat protein, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1