- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, skinned (see Tip) and cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, (see Tip)
Whisk scallion, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger in a medium bowl until the honey is dissolved. Place salmon in a sealable plastic
bag, add 3 tablespoons of the sauce and refrigerate; let marinate for 15 minutes. Reserve the remaining sauce.
Preheat broiler. Line a small baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
Transfer the salmon to the pan, skinned-side down. (Discard the marinade.) Broil the salmon 4 to 6 inches from the heat source until cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with the reserved sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 234
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Potassium: 444mg
- Sodium: 335mg
- Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 other carbohydrate
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2