- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala, (see Shopping Tip), divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced seeded cucumber
- 6 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro, or mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 6-inch whole-wheat pitas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small or 1/2 large tomato, sliced
- 1/8 cup thinly sliced red onion
Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
If grilling, oil the grill rack (see Tip). If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place the chicken on the grill rack or prepared pan and cook until no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side, depending on the size of the breast. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine cucumber, yogurt, cilantro (or mint), lemon juice, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala and 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Thinly slice the chicken. Split open the warm pitas and fill with the chicken, yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Potassium: 458mg
- Sodium: 662mg
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2