- 1 1/4 cups white whole-wheat flour, (see Ingredient Note)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoon cold reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1 1/2 cups canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut chips, (see Ingredient Note) or flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 11-inch round or 8-by-12-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray.
To prepare crust: Combine flour, almonds, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely ground. Add butter one piece at a time, and then cream cheese by the tablespoonful, pulsing once or twice after each addition, until incorporated. Turn the dough out into the prepared pan (it will be crumbly), spread evenly and press firmly into the bottom and all the way up the sides to form a crust.
Bake the crust until set but not browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
To prepare filling: Beat pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar, rum, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Beat in coconut milk. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and pour in the filling.
Bake the tart until the filling is just set (the center may still appear soft, but will become more solid as it cools), 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Serve room temperature or refrigerate until chilled. Remove the pan sides before slicing. Garnish with coconut, if desired.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Potassium: 163mg
- Sodium: 168mg
- Exchanges: 2 Carbohydrates (other), 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2