- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 8 ounces lean ground beef, preferably ground round
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup medium-hot taco sauce, divided
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
Spread oats in a shallow pan and bake until lightly toasted, 4 to 7 minutes. Let cool.
Combine the toasted oats, ground beef, ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, garlic, egg, olives, raisins, salt, coriander, cinnamon, pepper and 1/4 cup taco sauce in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. With dampened hands, form into a 7-by-4-inch loaf. Drizzle with remaining 3/4 cup taco sauce.
Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of loaf registers 165°F, 45 to 55 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 172
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Potassium: 137mg
- Sodium: 661mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1