As a nonprofit organization, the American Council on Exercise (ACE) offers professional certifications and free fitness resources to help people from all walks of life. We believe in what we do, and we want employees who do too.
We're looking for health-conscious people who have a passion for helping others live healthy lifestyles. And in return, you'll receive 100% paid employee coverage for health, dental and vision insurance, in addition to an on-site gym and a supportive workplace that encourages you to live your most fit life. Oh, and did we mention we have recess every day?
Located in beautiful San Diego, California, ACE is located just minutes from beach, mountains and deserts, and abounds in recreational opportunities and resources. With a mild, year-round climate, San Diego is a fitness enthusiasts’ paradise.
The following functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to the job classifications. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
To apply for an available position below, click on the job title to be redirected to the appropriate application.
Currently, the following positions are open at ACE:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications, the Sr. Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for the design, implementation, administering and reporting on communication activities for the organization—internal and external communications, and media relations. Responsibility will include copywriting, writing press releases and helping define and drive the internal and external public relations strategy. Our Sr. Public Relations Specialist will work cross functionally to co-develop and execute social media and community-building programs, and public affairs, designed to maximize company and brand exposure in both traditional and digital channels for all business units within the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain daily contact with PR firm. Efficiently utilize and manage external agency services.
- Write, edit and gain internal approval of press releases and other written materials
- Manage media interviews, speaking opportunities; work closely with marketing to develop speaking points and reference materials when appropriate for internal and external spokespeople.
- Continually develop and present strategic pitch ideas
- Brainstorm and create social media programs along with Social Media Specialist
- Produce e-newsletter and print publications including maintenance of the editorial calendar, identifying and assigning stories and editing
- Research and secure speaking engagements, awards opportunities and strategic events to attend.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners including ambassadors, consultants and strategic alliances
- Oversee coverage tracking/reporting and assist in the compilation of annual and program-specific reports
- Monitor headlines to track trends and identify opportunities
- 4-6 years experience focused in public relations, either at an agency or corporation/organization
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on public relations, journalism or communications
- Strong background in media relations, public relations writing, strategic planning & execution, project management and coordination of tours/events.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills, able to develop compelling written materials
- Proven experience in utilizing and leveraging new and emerging media
- Experience working for or with an external PR Agency
- Expertise in fitness/health environments strongly preferred
- Experience working in public policy a plus
Under general direction of the VP of Business Development, this position will manage the Business Development, National Accounts, Educational Services and Resource Center departments. This position is responsible for supporting the execution of the strategic direction of the Department, aligning the tactics with organizational goals, objectives and strategies set forth by the Executive Team related to long term acquisition and loyalty. This role will also design, develop and present classroom and individual sales training programs that will increase the number of ACE Professionals, drive customer engagement, and generate sales revenue in addition to overseeing the execution, retention and development of strategic partnerships
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience leading a sales team, with call center experience highly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with classroom training, individual coaching and instructional design to create tailored service and sales trainings to enhance the teams’ soft-skills in the areas of service and sales.
- Advanced sales skills and documented sales success as an individual and in leading service sales teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to coach others on these skills.
- Advanced ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships that drive engagement, retention and loyalty to the brand.
- Call Center expertise in running an inbound and outbound sales call center, including scheduling, measuring KPIs, monitoring, QA, and making recommendations to the organization based on trends.
- Organized, detail-oriented team player with good judgment skills.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, Salesforce and database software programs (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work weekends or travel as requested due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Leadership, Exercise Science or a related field.
- Current ACE Personal Trainer, Health Coach, Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist, and/or Group Fitness Instructor Certification or ability to earn one within six months.
- Oversee and manage the inside and outside sales teams and ensure that each group is meeting sales quotas.
- Oversees the sales and customer service delivery, metrics and process within the National Accounts, Educational Services and Resource Center departments. The position works cross-departmentally to ensure all areas have the most recent information needed to best support customers and partners.
- Drives results by ensuring the teams are seizing opportunities for supporting ACE Pros, gaining more ACE Pros, creating new partnerships and deepening relationships with existing partners.
- Spends majority of the workday monitoring and coaching the Department teams to drive quality, engagement, and results. This includes coaching on selling across the full ACE portfolio, upselling, proactive ordering, co-calls, driving quarterly strategy calls, discussing results and planning to support the department in meeting or exceeding the Budget.
- Uses monitoring and the systems to interpret data trends and develops recommendations for improvement on service, sales and efficiencies. Identifies areas of opportunity through customer feedback, trends and competitive analysis, and informs the VP to influence tactics and solutions.
- Helps manage Department revenue and expense budgets according to ACE guidelines.
- Ensures the team is using Salesforce, email templates, sales procedures, CRM systems, etc., to build business and provide strong customer service.
- Maintains current reports on partnerships and sales/forecasts and update appropriate departments.
- Maintains understanding of ACE policies, procedures and programs, to successfully lead teams to represent ACE at industry trade shows and events.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to the job classifications. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.