As a nonprofit organization, the American Council on Exercise (ACE) offers professional certifications and free fitness resources to help people from all walks of life. We believe in what we do, and we want employees who do too.
We're looking for health-conscious people who have a passion for helping others live healthy lifestyles. And in return, you'll receive 100% paid employee coverage for health, dental and vision insurance, in addition to an on-site gym and a supportive workplace that encourages you to live your most fit life. Oh, and did we mention we have recess every day?
Located in beautiful San Diego, California, ACE is located just minutes from beach, mountains and deserts, and abounds in recreational opportunities and resources. With a mild, year-round climate, San Diego is a fitness enthusiasts’ paradise.
The following functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to the job classifications. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
To apply for an available position below, click on the job title to be redirected to the appropriate application.
Currently, the following positions are open at ACE:
The Data Analyst's role is to examine and evaluate reporting requirements for various business units across the organization. This individual will use proven knowledge of specialized reporting tools to develop reporting structures as required. The Data Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes, operational procedures, and their corresponding reporting structures.
Strategy & Planning
- Define the current reporting activities for the development of existing and future reporting procedures and models by charting existing processes.
- In conjunction with data owners and business units, develop models, procedures, and protocols for reporting in concert with company goals.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and applications.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Communicate reporting changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define reporting requirements and goals.
- Create prototype reporting models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Work with application development staff to coordinate the creation and management of reporting structures.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in reporting systems across the organization.
- Advise department and line managers regarding appropriate, effective, and efficient use of organizational reporting capabilities and functions.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved reporting processes.
- Oversee the implementation of reporting structures in regards to technical changes and change management.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on reporting tools, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Advanced skills in MS SQL, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 – 3 years Solid database, querying, report development, and analytic skills
- Ability to create automated processes for reporting
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience working in adhoc data environment accessing data from multiple sources
- Strong organizational, analytical and data mining skills required for ad hoc data and situational analyses
- Experience in creating processes / standards for scorecards, dashboards and reports
- Some experience with .Net Development
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills and experience communicating with all levels within an organization
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with team members
- Must be self-directed and results-oriented
This person will develop and execute the company's communications strategies to create brand and product awareness, drive web use, name acquisition, purchase and customer loyalty.
- Drive the creation and execution of brand and product line campaigns within a pull strategy, ranging from print advertising to online advertising, search engine marketing, social media, email marketing, promotions and public relations.
- Oversee the execution of all web marketing, including social networking, web PR, viral campaigns, video networks, online video, affiliate programs, SEO, and promotions.
- Drive CRM programs to acquire names and communicate with intelligence to customers and engender loyalty, referral and repeat purchases.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Executive team to proliferate information to the media, audience of fitness professionals and health coaches, and consumers, and work with members of the marketing team to build campaigns.
- Provide strategic guidance and lead internal and external product-related and corporate public relations initiatives across a variety of online and offline media.
- Build and manage external agency relationships toward the development of advertising and public relations campaigns.
- BA or MBA in Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years' experience in leading the development and execution of integrated marketing teams.
- Proven marketing leadership in corporate settings or with agencies, developing and implementing national communications strategies.
- A history of working with creative teams generating ground breaking creative and outstanding brand development.
- Spotless verbal and written communications.
- Highly collaborative style with strong management skills for getting the most from their team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- A passion for fitness and health
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to the job classifications. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.