SAN DIEGO - With the mission of supporting the growth of health and fitness clubs that have a commitment to quality certification and education, the American Council on Exercise (ACE) has launched the new ACE Club Program.
"We want to make it easier for clubs to bring their staff to a higher level," says Ken Germano, ACE executive director. "After all, a better educated and trained staff is one of the best ways to help attract and retain members."
Clubs can join the program by purchasing the ACE Club Enrollment Package for a preferred rate, which includes the ACE Health & Fitness Library, a one-year club subscription to ACE FitnessMatters, and Stretching & Flexibility, an informative CD-Rom featuring stretching and flexibility programs.
Club members will also receive three tuition vouchers for staff members to pursue ACE-certification as a Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, or Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant.
Once clubs make the initial commitment to quality certification and education, they will receive benefits including:
- Preferred Pricing on ACE certification Exams, Manuals and Study Materials.
- Distinction as ACE-recognized Club: Health clubs that are IHRSA members and maintain a minimum percentage of ACE-certified teaching staff will qualify as an ACE-recognized Club and receive signage, special Web site listing, and other marketing assistance to promote ACE-recognized status.
- Promotion of Clubs on the New ACE Web site: ACE will list clubs in our program on the Web site as a service to consumers looking for quality health clubs in their area.
- Free Job Postings on the ACE Web site: ACE will help clubs recruit pre-qualified staff members with job postings to more than 40,000 ACE-certified Professionals.
- Preferred Pricing on Hands-on Training Sessions, Brought Directly to your Club by ACE Master Practical Trainers: ACE will help clubs make sure their staff is up-to-date on the latest trends and exercise techniques by providing quality, hands-on training at their facility.
- Preferred Pricing on Leasing the ACE-certified Mailing List for Currently Certified Professionals.
- Free Access to the ACE Resource Center: Access for clubs to get answers to staff and member-related questions.
- ACE "Fit Kit": ACE will provide educational materials including ACE Fit Facts to be personalized by clubs or staff members and distributed as an extra service to members. We’ll also provide ACE posters for display in clubs.
- Revenue Sharing Opportunities for ACE FitnessMatters and Other Consumer-related Products: Clubs will have the opportunity to earn additional revenue by promoting ACE consumer products to members.
For more information on ACE’s Club Program, visit the ACE booth at IHRSA 2000 in San Francisco, visit www.acefitness.org or call (800) 825-3636.
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the benefits of physical activity and protecting consumers against unsafe and ineffective fitness products and instruction. As the nation’s "workout watchdog," ACE conducts university-based research and testing that targets fitness products and trends. ACE sets standards for fitness professionals and is the world’s largest nonprofit fitness certifying organization. For more information on ACE and its programs, call (800) 825-3636 or log onto the ACE Web site at www.acefitness.org.