Group Fitness Instructor Manual: ACE's Guide for Fitness Professionals
- An essential guide for working in group & class settings
- Convenient book+DVD set, written by 17 of the top industry experts
- Critical tool for the Group Fitness Instructor Certification exam preparation and a complete "on-the-job" resource
Start your fitness career by becoming an ACE-certified Group Fitness Instructor. Get prepared for the certification exam by studying with ACE’s manuals and study aides.
The Group Fitness Instructor Manual, was designed to prepare fitness professionals to work in group and class settings. Developed and written by 17 of the industry’s top experts, the Group Fitness Instructor Manual is an excellent resource, addressing the core competencies you need regardless of the types of classes you teach. Topics range from exercise physiology, anatomy, kinesiology, and health screening to adherence, injury prevention, and legal and professional responsibilities. Special attention has been given to fitness for special populations, including pregnant women and those with significant weight challenges. The manual also includes a companion DVD on group fitness modalities.
Key features and updates included in the Second Edition include the following:
- Increased focus on the foundational knowledge needed to be a successful group fitness instructor, including expanded coverage of anatomy, applied kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Expansive updates in the areas of nutrition, health screening, and the effects of pregnancy on exercise
- Increased coverage of fitness testing protocols suitable for the group setting
- A new appendix entitled Group Fitness Specialties, which provides overviews of nine of the most popular modalities, including aquatic exercise, fitness yoga, and Pilates mat training.
Along with helping you prepare for the Group Fitness Instructor certification exam, the Group Fitness Instructor Manual, Second Edition, is also a solid reference book for anyone working in the fitness industry.