- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 whole-wheat buns, split horizontally
- Chipotle-Marinated Pork Tenderloin, grilled (see recipe), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
Preheat grill to high or heat a large indoor grill pan over high heat. Lightly brush onion with oil and grill (after the pork is done) until lightly browned and soft, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool on a cutting board.
Lightly toast buns cut side down on the grill or in the pan.
Chop the onion; transfer to a large bowl. Shred pork using two forks; add to the bowl. Add barbecue sauce; stir to combine. Serve the pork filling on the toasted buns.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 319
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Potassium: 614mg
- Sodium: 711mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2