- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large clov garlic, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red Thai chile (see Note) or cayenne chile p, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch-thick medallions
Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in garlic, ginger, chile and oil.
Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and seal the bag, squeezing air out. Turn the bag to coat the medallions. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the bag once to redistribute the marinade.
Preheat the grill to medium. Remove the pork from the marinade. (Discard marinade.) Grill the medallions until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 138
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Potassium: 357mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Exchanges: 3 very lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0