- 8 ounces ground beef, 90%-lean or leaner
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Harissa, (see Ingredient Note) for serving
Place beef, lamb and lemon juice in a large bowl. Gently combine until incorporated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Transfer the meat to a colander and press
to squeeze out excess moisture. Place onion, garlic and olives in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add to the marinated meat along with oil, cilantro, parsley, 1 tablespoon cumin, salt and pepper. Gently combine until evenly incorporated.
Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on it.
Using about 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture for each, form 12 thin patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. Place on the wire rack.
Broil the patties until brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with additional cumin and harissa, if desired.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 354
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 25g
- Protein: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Potassium: 385mg
- Sodium: 607mg
- Exchanges: 3 1/2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2