The ACE Health Coach Certification is the only heath coaching certification accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). The NCCA accredits the majority of professional certifications in healthcare and allied health, including certifications for nurse practitioners (NP), registered dietitians (RD), occupational therapists (OTR), physician assistants (PA), exercise professionals, and health coaches. If you are interested in earning the Health & Wellness Coach certification through the International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching (ICHWC) in addition to your ACE certification the portfolio pathway is right for you. The Portfolio pathway includes the following steps:
1. Documentation of an Associate’s degree or higher in any field.
- If you have completed an associate degree or higher, please complete the HWC Education Declaration document.
- For those who do not have an Associate’s degree, exam candidates will need to provide documentation of 4,000 hours of work experience in any field.
- If you have completed an associate degree or higher, please complete the HWC Education Declaration document
- If you have not completed an associate degree or higher, please complete the Work Experience Log
- 10% of all exam applicants will be audited and asked to provide a transcript of their highest degree
2. 1,000 hours of health and wellness coaching experience (in lieu of completing an approved transition program).
- Please complete the 1,000-Hours of HWC Experience Documentation form, which needs to be notarized.
3. Complete three private mentor coaching sessions, which will include feedback on your skill level ($300.00)
- To schedule mentor coaching sessions, it is your responsibility to contact a qualified mentor coach from the following list of Approved Mentor Coaches
- All sessions must be completed prior to applying to complete the Health & Wellness Coach Certifying Examination.
- To review the Mentor Coaching Process for the Portfolio Pathway, download the Mentor Process for the Portfolio Pathway. To learn about the personal traits and competencies of a mentor coach, please refer to the Personal Traits & Competencies of Mentor Coaches document.