By: Fabio Comana, MA, MS
Frustrated with ineffective cardio programs that fail to deliver? Do your programs fail to hit weight-loss goals or push athletes through plateaus? Blame it on the older standardized programming guidelines that we currently use. Why use maximum heart rate (MHR)-based programs when MHR offers no correlation to performance? Learn how to use new cutting-edge metabolism-based programs for weight loss and performance based on individual metabolic markers.
- Define the existing errors associated with traditional programming guidelines and models.
- Describe key metabolic markers of fuel utilization and performance, and how to influence metabolism.
- Explain the importance of using VT1 and VT2 as markers of intensity in programming.
- Discuss the benefits of high- and low-intensity exercise.
- Conduct field tests to quantify heart rates associated with these metabolic markers.
- Design and implement metabolic training programs for weight loss and athletic performance.