By: Evan Osar, DC
As the number of active Baby Boomers increases, there is the likelihood of increased incidence of falls and other injuries. This course focuses on the three keys to developing and improving balance in the Baby Boomer utilizing the "VIP" approach: Visualization-addressing neurologic causes of muscle inhibition; Isometrics-optimizing hip dissociation through isometric contractions; and Progressions-integrating appropriate functional movement progressions.
- Identify the needs, wants and problems associated balance and the
- List the three controlling systems of balance.
- List the three strategies for achieving balance.
- Identify the three principles of human function.
- Implement the corrective strategies for improving limits in range of motion.
- Develop a training paradigm for improving balance based upon the principles of human function.