Learn important nutrition basics, and how they pertain to body fat reduction and changes in muscle mass. Get practical strategies and evidence-based approaches that will help you help your clients to maximize their exercise potential and recover from strenuous activities. Walk away with a greater understanding of nutrient timing and specific nutritional requirements that will benefit you and your clients.
- List the basic physiological effects of strenuous exercise on the body.
- Explain the critical attributes of the post-exercise recovery meal and explain how it promotes anabolism.
- Explain the optimal time to consume the post-exercise meal and describe evidence-based research that supports this timing.
- Describe the notion of “food as fuel” and its relationship to helping to enhance behavior change.
- Explain how you currently integrate nutrition information into your practice/services and gain awareness of how you could enhance that integration.
- List the “10 Nutrition Rules to Live By” as a simple means of providing recommendations for carbohydrates, proteins, fats, meal timing, hydration and recovery nutrition.