"ACE's Aquatic Exercise" is based on the Aquatic Exercise book from ACE's Group Fitness Specialty Series, as well as a DVD featuring water fitness expert Carol Kennedy. An introduction to the history and basics of aquatic exercise is followed by explanations of the various aspects of exercise science in the water, including buoyancy, drag, hydrostatic pressure and inertia. Photographs and descriptions are provided for numerous working positions and aquatic moves, including recommendations for incorporating equipment into your classes. Finally, class leadership and programming techniques are explained. The DVD focuses on proper progressions and tips for taking advantage of this unique environment.
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Create and lead safe and effective aquatic exercise classes
- Describe exercise science in the water and its effects on exercise, including buoyancy, drag forces, surface area, and leverage
- Utilize aquatic exercise equipment to modify or add intensity to specific movements
- Describe and teach basic aquatic moves and working positions
- Modify aquatic exercise for participants with various skill and fitness levels
Course Type: Book+DVD with Online Quiz
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- After purchase, your item(s) will be shipped to you.
- Read the book and watch the DVD
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- After login click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose the course that corresponds with your book.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your account with ACE.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)