Get research-based data on the role dietary supplements, herbs and alternative healthcare treatments play in the management and prevention of disease. Evaluate popular healthcare trends and learn to explain the appropriate clinical use of supplements. Be able to explain to your clients the benefits and risks associated with herbs, botanicals, supplements and therapeutic alternatives.
You will learn:
- Appropriate clinical use of dietary supplements in treatment and prevention of certain diseases and conditions
- Therapeutic uses for most commonly used herbal supplements
- Factors affecting the potency of herbal formulas and harmful substances found in contaminated products
- Acceptable definitions for structure/function claims as described by the FDA
- Benefits and associated risks of taking dietary supplements