This video-based course uses the all-new ACE’s Essentials of Group Fitness Instruction: Demos & Drills DVD to improve your communication skills using verbal, visual and kinesthetic cueing. In addition, through this DVD you will learn to work with music – creating choreographed strength and cardiorespiratory movement routines using different approaches, as well as creating fun, yet progressive, choreography through the use of practical skills. Discover your own “fitness personality” as you achieve a balance between what you need to do as a leader and defining how you can accomplish this.
- Identify key components of music and understand how they are utilized when choreographing a group fitness class
- Combine musical phrasing with various types of cues to create flowing movement during a class
- Create combinations in order to achieve bilateral and balanced choreography
- Manipulate the components of the D.R.I.L.L. acronym to create cardiovascular and strength-training choreography
- Use visual, verbal, and kinesthetic cues to help participants successfully perform specific movements
- Break down and teach choreography using various teaching methods, including half-time, repetition-reduction, part-to-whole, and simple-to-complex
- Use a teaching template to organize a group exercise session
Course Type: DVD with Online Quiz
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- After purchase, your item(s) will be shipped to you.
- Review the DVD
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- After login click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose the course that corresponds with your DVD.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your account with ACE.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)