Based on content from the ACE Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Manual, this online course begins by explaining to fitness professionals the benefits and risks associated with exercise during pregnancy, as well as the physiological changes that take place in a woman’s body over the course of a pregnancy. Fitness professionals will learn programming, biomechanical, nutritional and psychological considerations in addition to postnatal fitness.
- Define and explain gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and maternal obesity
- Explain the contraindications and risk factors associated with exercising during pregnancy
- List the physiological changes that take place during pregnancy, including those seen in the musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, and thermoregulatory systems
- Explain the biomechanical considerations for the pregnant woman, including low-back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and diastasis recti
- Define the benefits and risks of exercise following pregnancy, as well as biomechanical considerations for the lactating mother
- Explain programming guidelines and considerations for both pre- and postnatal exercisers
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)