JCC (Jewish Community Center) Association and JCC Program Partner, the American Council on Exercise (ACE), are excited to introduce the Fitness Service Specialist Course, an exclusive fitness-floor instructor program that will raise the level of entry-level fitness staff and customer service in a JCC.
This unique online course helps JCC fitness and wellness centers deliver high-quality and consistent customer service training to all staff members. JCC staff will learn how to assist members with their basic health-and-fitness-related questions, including how to properly use various types of fitness equipment and perform common resistance-training exercises. In addition, they will discover how to deliver a customer service experience that exceeds every member’s expectations.
The JCC/ACE Fitness Service Specialist Course includes modules that JCC staff can complete in the comfort of their own homes or at the JCC at their convenience. In addition, they will receive access to downloadable handouts for additional reference and study.
Upon successful completion, course-takers will be able to:
- Discuss the basic foundations of exercise science, including how the body responds to aerobic exercise and strength training
- Correctly use anatomical terminology and apply an understanding of human anatomy to the needs of fitness facility members
- Discuss proper nutrition and hydration, including the USDA recommendations
- Explain to facility members how to safely use facility equipment including cardio machines, weight machines and free weights
- Understand and apply the core values that lead to outstanding customer service
A mission of JCC Association is to foster the development of healthy individuals and communities. The Fitness Service Specialist program will support and enhance the goal of the JCC Association sports and wellness department, which is to position JCC health and fitness departments as leaders within their communities by:
- Building retention through programming
- Understanding Jewish values, culture, and traditions
- Offering quality motivational fitness programming
- Moving from fitness to wellness.
- Running JCC fitness as a business
- Creating and offering staff training opportunities and education resources
JCC Association sports and wellness professional staff are committed to support the growth of the JCC health and fitness departments and the JCC by offering resources and quality programs such as the Fitness Service Specialist to help support and develop staffing and programs.
For More Information
You can gain access to this course along with many other benefits by joining the ACE Club Partnership Program, or you can purchase the course separately here. If you have additional questions, please contact Jerry Napp, ACE National Commercial Accounts Manager, at 888.325.3636, Ext. 785 or National.Accounts@acefitness.org.