The Posture, Mobility, Gait and Balance: Assessment & Training Tools for the Personal Trainer continuing education course will teach fitness professionals how to assess posture and conduct movement screens to aid in the development of an individualized exercise program.
The course will help you understand the role of balance and the core in movement, outlining a progression model from static balance to dynamic balance and gait. You’ll learn the philosophy of restorative exercise for postural compensations and how to coach your client through movement patterns to improve posture and movement efficiency. You’ll develop a complete understanding of the muscles and function of the core and be able to design a progressive core strengthening program to improve balance and function.
- Describe the most common postural deviations, associated muscle compensations and altered neuromuscular properties.
- List the key components of a static postural assessment.
- Conduct a static postural assessment following the right angle rule of the body.
- Identify the average range of motion (ROM) for healthy adults around large joints in the body.
- Describe and conduct a variety of movement screens and how the information can be utilized in the design of an exercise program.
- Develop and implement exercise progressions to restore good posture.
- Recognize the muscles and functions of the core.
- Design and implement a multi-stage core conditioning program progressing from static to dynamic balance.
- Define the primary movements and myofascial slings within the human body.
- Instruct a variety of movement patterns and exercises to develop movement efficiency.
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)