Get up-to-date information on all aspects of infant nutrition – from birth through weaning. Help clients understand that children’s feeding patterns change more in the first year of life than any other time. Better serve clients experiencing parenthood for the first time by developing a comprehensive understanding of breast feeding, bottle feeding, formulas, the introduction of solid foods and weaning.
You will learn:
- Growth patterns of infants from birth to 12 months
- Benefits of breastfeeding for mothers and infants
- To analyze the diet of a breastfeeding mother and recommend improvements
- To evaluate infant feeding patterns to determine adequacy of intake
- Feeding recommendations for normal, healthy infants
- Progression of foods in relationship to infant development