Learn to design safe and effective exercise programs for clients using aerobic and musculoskeletal fitness testing protocols. Explore pre-screening tools and fitness tests to help assess health issues, and training principles and techniques to maximize effectiveness. Based on ACE's Guide to Exercise Testing & Program Design: A Fitness Professional's Handbook (2nd Edition), this course will teach you how to cater to special populations including women, older and obese adults.
You will learn:
- Aerobic and musculoskeletal testing and training protocols
- To conduct a variety of fitness tests and assessments to fit client needs
- To design safe and effective exercise programs utilizing fitness test results
- Impact of various health issues on program design, including hypertension and diabetes
- To properly analyze, evaluate, and modify exercise programs for maximum effectiveness