The components of gait and balance are fundamental to physical function and personal mobility. If you work with older clients, their gait and balance may be affected by a variety of age- and disease-related variables. This course, based on a chapter from ACE's Clinical Exercise Specialist Manual, will help you work more effectively with clients who have gait and balance challenges. Learn how to assess functional gait and balance and develop an appropriate balance progression as part of the workout.
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics of gait and the factors that can disrupt normal gait and balance, particularly in aging clients
- Identify the components of balance and how each contributes to stability.
- Describe functional tests to evaluate static and dynamic balance.
- Discuss strategies for improving a client’s balance and developing appropriate exercise progressions
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)