The Continuing Education Course, Comprehensive FrameWork: A Guide to Healthy Muscles, Bones, and Joints, by orthopedic surgeon Nicholas DiNubile, M.D., is a text and video-based course. It is based on his four-book series (FrameWork: 7 Steps to Healthy Muscles, Bones and Joints; FrameWork for the Knee; FrameWork for the Lower Back; and FrameWork for the Shoulder), as well as a 77-minute DVD created especially for ACE-certified fitness professionals. A special downloadable version of DiNubile's screening tool, "The Self-Test: Are You Built to Last?" is also included as an exclusive benefit to ACE professionals.
This comprehensive text, written in an easy-to-understand format, offers the first medically based fitness programs designed to help professionals improve their clients' musculoskeletal durability and navigate around injuries and musculoskeletal vulnerabilities. The 77-minute FrameWork DVD is divided into three segments: an exclusive interview with Dr. DiNubile; step-by-step demonstrations of exercise modifications, featuring exercises for low-back pain, elbow tendinitis, knee and hip arthritis, and a host of other maladies. Footage is taken directly from a PBS special, featuring demonstrations of the core exercises covered in the book. Lastly, the downloadable self-test screening serves as a tool to help professionals identify clients' muscle imbalances, weaknesses or tightness, deficits in balance/proprioception, and loss of range of motion.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe physiological characteristics of bone and soft tissues and how they affect a healthy musculoskeletal system.
- Recognize general anatomical structures of the knee, lower back, and shoulder.
- Discuss factors that contribute to knee instability and pain, low-back pain, and shoulder dysfunction and pain.
- Explain and debunk common myths about back pain.
- Describe the musculoskeletal screening tests, which can help identify a client's weak links and allow for a tailored exercise program.
- Identify programming modifications and exercise progressions that fitness professionals can apply when training clients with certain musculoskeletal limitations.
- Demonstrate how to properly perform different core exercises using either a mat or a ball.
- Understand key nutrition and stress reduction strategies to support a healthy frame.
- Discuss options for navigating the healthcare system related to injury treatment.
Courses in this bundle include: Please note: This component of the specialist program is backordered until after Mar. 31. It will automatically ship separately once it is available.
Interested in more courses like this? View all ACE CEC course bundles.